Networking Conference ‘Inspire the Future’
- 24 november 2014, 15:00 - 20:30, 24 november 2014
- Rockstart, Amsterdam
On Monday the 24th of November, VHTO, the Dutch national expert organisation on girls/women and science/technology, and NWO, The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, organise the networking conference ‘Inspire the Future’.
VHTO and NWO invite all female researchers and female students in Computer Sciences to attend ‘Inspire the Future’. During this networking conference ‘Leading Ladies’ in ICT will share their views on academic research in Computer Science, and current and future developments with regard to women pursuing a PhD in Computer Science.
A wide range of influential and inspiring women in ICT research and ICT business will be present. There will be ample opportunity for interaction and networking.
Click here for a more detailed program. Examples of topics addressed during the conference:
- What kind of possibilities does a PhD in Computer Science offer?
- What is particular about the Computer Science ‘culture’ in the Netherlands, compared to other countries?
- What can be done to stimulate more women and girls to choose Computer Science related studies? And what do you think of current measures to accomplish this?
- How leaky is the ‘leaky pipeline’ in Computer Science studies and careers, and what causes PhD students to drop out of PhD trajectories in CS?
Date: Monday 24th of November, 2014
Time: 15.00 - 20.30 (buffet and drinks are included)
Venue: Rockstart, Amsterdam